[perl #128753] t/comp/parser.t: heredoc-related failures onDarwin/PPC

From:
James E Keenan
Date:
July 27, 2016 16:41
Subject:
[perl #128753] t/comp/parser.t: heredoc-related failures onDarwin/PPC
Message ID:
rt-4.0.18-31532-1469637670-1896.128753-75-0@perl.org
# New Ticket Created by  James E Keenan
# Please include the string:  [perl #128753]

Prompted by Jarkko's reports of failures in t/base/lex.t during 'make minitest' (https://rt.perl.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=128747), I ran 'make minitest' for the first time ever and confirmed his failures reports for Darwin/PPC.  I then ran a regular 'make test_harness' on that machine and was surprised to see failures in both t/base/lex.t and t/comp/parser.t.

I reconfigured and rebuilt and got the following 5 failures in t/comp/parser.t:

#####
cd t && ./perl harness -v comp/parser.t && cd -
not ok 172 - after here-doc in quotes
not ok 173 - first line of interp in here-doc
not ok 174 - second line of interp in here-doc
not ok 175 - first line of interp in second here-doc on same line
not ok 176 - second line of interp in second heredoc on same line
#####

I know that 'make test' ran successfully on this machine when I went to install 5.24.0.  I'm fairly certain that I built and tested blead on this machine about a month ago.  Hence, my suspicion is that these failures are due to whatever work has recently been merged into blead related to heredocs.

With the same build as above I am also getting a test failure in t/base/lex.t even outside of 'make minitest':

#####
cd t && ./perl harness -v base/lex.t && cd -
ok 40
not ok 41
ok 42
#####

This is the same failure as reported by Jarkko in RT #128747, so the problem is not confined to 'make minitest'.  I stress again that this failure is new; all tests for the installation of 5.24.0 passed.

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan

--
James E Keenan (jkeenan@cpan.org)