[perl #128743] Here-doc missing terminator message is not null-clean

From:
Father Chrysostomos
Date:
July 26, 2016 20:51
Subject:
[perl #128743] Here-doc missing terminator message is not null-clean
Message ID:
rt-4.0.18-15357-1469566266-199.128743-75-0@perl.org
# New Ticket Created by  Father Chrysostomos
# Please include the string:  [perl #128743]

$ perl -e 'print qq|print <<"e\0e"|'>foo
$ perl foo
Can't find string terminator "e" anywhere before EOF at foo line 1.

It should not be chopping off part of the terminator.

This is a bit pedantic, but passing fixing this, which would entail passing the length to toke.c:S_missingterm, would allow us to eliminate a temporary SV and simplify S_missingterm significantly.

(I am holding off on fixing this, as it may conflict with other here-doc work going on right now.  In fact, if someone wants to get to this before I do, go ahead.  This falls in the ‘easy’ category.)

--

Father Chrysostomos