[perl #75598] Reversing a default $_ lexicalized in an upper blockfails

From:
Dan Collins via RT
Date:
July 26, 2016 19:42
Subject:
[perl #75598] Reversing a default $_ lexicalized in an upper blockfails
Message ID:
rt-4.0.18-17257-1469562131-1697.75598-15-0@perl.org
I'd like to close this ticket, because it was fixed by deprecating and removing lexical $_. (The testcase now reports q{Can't use global $_ in "my"})

However, there's some more recent conversation about "what happened to smartmatch". Since I can't see how this ticket is related to smartmatch, I'm concerned that I'm missing something.

Is there still a bug where Perl crashes in this ticket? Any objections to marking this "resolved"? (I'm taking for followup, if you see a problem and intend to fix it, please feel free to assign the ticket to yourself)

--
Respectfully,
Dan Collins

---