[perl #71452] Num ~~ numish does not behave as expected

From:
Dan Collins via RT
Date:
July 22, 2016 16:13
Subject:
[perl #71452] Num ~~ numish does not behave as expected
Message ID:
rt-4.0.18-23639-1469203981-1542.71452-15-0@perl.org
While reviewing this older ticket, I'm having some trouble deciding what other behavior is desired. Perlop defines "nummy" as "Either an actual number, or a string that looks like one.", changing that to perform numeric comparison on number ~~ string, even for strings that are clearly not numbers, seems problematic.

The code matches the documentation, so I'm marking this as wishlist. However, I also propose to mark this rejected.

--
Respectfully,
Dan Collins

---