[perl #128647] Windows MinGW-w64 pointer-integer size mismatch inextensions

From:
Dan Collins
Date:
July 17, 2016 02:54
Subject:
[perl #128647] Windows MinGW-w64 pointer-integer size mismatch inextensions
Message ID:
rt-4.0.18-28724-1468724006-1006.128647-75-0@perl.org
# New Ticket Created by  Dan Collins
# Please include the string:  [perl #128647]

There seems to be some issue with getting information from building core to building extensions in the build process. When building with the x86_64 mingw-w64.org version of GCC 4.9.3, I get a wide variety of compiler warnings, including:

Storable.xs:534:3: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size [-Wpointer-to-int-cast]

These are confined to POSIX.c, POSIX.xs, Socket.xs, and Storable.xs. Notably, there are no warnings like this in core, meaning that core agrees that PTRSIZE == IVSIZE == sizeof(IV*) == sizeof(IV) == 8.

I've attached the relevant makefile.mk as well as a full log of dmake. Amazingly the tests do all pass, but these warnings in particular are concerning.

--
Respectfully,
Dan Collins