[perl #38748] qx seems to loose the subpr. way for print /dev/tty

From:
Dan Collins via RT
Date:
July 12, 2016 17:33
Subject:
[perl #38748] qx seems to loose the subpr. way for print /dev/tty
Message ID:
rt-4.0.18-2277-1468344801-291.38748-15-0@perl.org
On Tue Jul 12 10:18:05 2016, arc wrote:
> Dan Collins via RT <perlbug-comment@perl.org> wrote:
> > This ticket badly needs to be reviewed by a Darwin expert. Is there
> > something that we need to work around on this OS? (Can you summarize
> > it and update the ticket name?)
>
> I've tried and failed to reproduce this:
>
> $ uname -sr
> Darwin 13.4.0
> $ perl -wE 'say $^V'
> v5.24.0
> $ echo 'puts $tcl_version' | tclsh
> 8.6
> $ cat outer.pl
> #! /usr/bin/env perl
> while (1) {
>     `./inner.tcl -a`;
>     sleep 2;
> }
> $ cat inner.tcl
> #! /usr/bin/env tclsh
> exec echo foo >/dev/tty
> $ chmod +x outer.pl inner.tcl
> $ ./outer.pl
> foo
> foo
> foo
> ^C
>
> It seems to me that whatever bug existed when this ticket was filed a
> decade ago has subsequently been fixed, and I suggest this ticket can
> therefore be closed now. Alternatively, if the original requestor can
> submit complete, self-contained scripts that still reproduce the
> problem (the incomplete Tcl program in transaction 131257 merely fails
> with a "no such variable" error before it runs anything at all), we
> can surely investigate further.

Thank you, Aaron.

Taking with the intent to close in 7 days unless there is anyone who can provide a test case that we can reproduce.

--
Respectfully,
Dan Collins

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: stalled