Re: [perl #24000] perl -pi -e s:foo:foo2: FILE mishandles symlinks?

From:
Tony Cook
Date:
Re: [perl #24000] perl -pi -e s:foo:foo2: FILE mishandles symlinks?
Message ID:
20160706002840.GK29470@mars.tony.develop-help.com

On Tue, Jul 05, 2016 at 08:14:11PM -0400, Dan Collins wrote:
> Well then, I suppose it is just my expectations that are defective. ;) Is
> there a place to document this better, or should we just mark this rejected?

From the -i documentation:

 Note that because B<-i> renames or deletes the original file before
 creating a new file of the same name, Unix-style soft and hard links will
 not be preserved.

which might be re-worded or expanded on.

Tony