[perl #9523] more problems with embedded API

From:
Dan Collins via RT
Date:
July 5, 2016 01:48
Subject:
[perl #9523] more problems with embedded API
Message ID:
rt-4.0.18-18603-1467683297-1901.9523-15-0@perl.org
    $ cat test.c
    #include <EXTERN.h>               /* from the Perl distribution     */
    #include <perl.h>                 /* from the Perl distribution     */
    static PerlInterpreter *my_perl;  /***    The Perl interpreter    ***/
    int main(int argc, char **argv, char **env)
    {
            PERL_SYS_INIT3(&argc,&argv,&env);
            my_perl = perl_alloc();
            perl_construct(my_perl);
            perl_destruct(my_perl);
            perl_free(my_perl);
            PERL_SYS_TERM();
            printf("still alive\n");
            exit(0);
    }
    $ gcc-6 test.c -lperl -I. -L. -lpthread -lnsl -ldl -lm -lcrypt -lutil -lc -lquadmath
    $ ./a.out
    still alive

Marking resolved, as there is no evidence that this is a problem - though, don't take this as an assertion that this code is supported, or does anything meaningful.

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open