develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from June 2016

Re: including List::Util 1.45 with Perl 5.24.1?

From:
James E Keenan
Date:
June 26, 2016 13:00
Re: including List::Util 1.45 with Perl 5.24.1?
Message ID:
20160626130018.23651.qmail@lists-nntp.develooper.com
On 06/26/2016 02:40 AM, Darren Duncan wrote:
> I'm not certain whether the policy for Perl minor releases such as
> 5.24.1 is as minimal as possible, just security and bug fixes, or
> whether they are also allowed to contain small feature enhancements.  If
> the latter...

That policy is spelled out in pod/perlpolicy.pod, particularly in the
heading "MAINTENANCE BRANCHES."

Excerpting from this section:

"The following types of change are NOT acceptable:
"Patches that add or remove features."

> I would like to request that Perl 5.24.1 include List::Util 1.45, which
> is the same as the version 1.42 that Perl 5.24.0 bundled except for
> adding a couple useful "uniq" functions plus fixing a few bugs.

You're requesting addition of a feature.  As I read the policy, that's
excluded.

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan