develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from June 2016

Re: Change return signature of scalar(%hash) to match 0+keys(%hash)

From:
demerphq
Date:
June 23, 2016 10:27
Re: Change return signature of scalar(%hash) to match 0+keys(%hash)
Message ID:
CANgJU+U1aR28ErtFt=XQ+CJqE0mrA5tVkNxN9cH7N0F89uUgDQ@mail.gmail.com
On 22 June 2016 at 18:36, demerphq <demerphq@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 21 June 2016 at 21:36, demerphq <demerphq@gmail.com> wrote:
>> This is a continuation  of the thread  "[perl #114576] check if %hash
>> 500x times slower than if keys %hash".
>>
>> In that thread, which dealt with the performance implications of
>> scalar(%hash) it was proposed we change the signature to something
>> else.
>>
>> I have now pushed a patch to a smoke-me branch which does this. See
>> 28ecb97 for the patch, smoke-me/no_xhv_fill is the branch name.
>
> I just pushed some tweaks and pod improvements to:
>
> smoke-me/no_xhv_fill_2
>
> Specific commit: 8bf4c4010cc474d4000c2a8c78f6890fa5f1e577
>
> I cant decide if i should delete smoke-me/no_xhv_fill yet.

Sigh. I fat fingered a push of this branch to blead and didnt ctl-c in
time to stop it, so I have delete the smoke me branches.

Yves