develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from June 2016

Re: RT now imports new tags automatically

From:
Alex Vandiver
Date:
June 23, 2016 07:36
Re: RT now imports new tags automatically
Message ID:
20160623003446.39e4126a@thraddash.chmrr.net
On Wed, 22 Jun 2016 19:07:51 +0100
Dave Mitchell <davem@iabyn.com> wrote:
> There's a fatal flaw in only importing git tags into RT automatically.
> When a commit is made and a bug fixed, that fix will first appear in the
> *next* release, which hasn't been made or tagged yet. So for example
> RT currently gives me 'fixed in' options up to 5.25.2, yet any fix I
> apply now I need to mark as (will be) fixed in 5.25.3. Marking it as fixed
> in 5.25.2 would be factually wrong.

I've expanded it to automatically also add the next future dev release
to both "Perl Version" and "Fixed in"  -- in this case, 5.25.3.

Additionally, were 5.26.0 to be released tomorrow, it would delete
5.25.3 as a potential value for "Fixed in" and update all tickets with
that value to instead have "5.26.0" as their "Fixed in."

On Wed, 22 Jun 2016 14:23:15 -0700 Karen Etheridge <perl@froods.org> wrote:
> Also, the value appears to be provided as a custom value, which
> is impossible to preserve when the ticket is edited.  e.g. when I edited
> the subject of this ticket here, the version was lost:
> https://rt.perl.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=128445

The above change should suffice to make the next dev release an option
for "Perl Version," which should mostly solve this as well.  Unlike
"Fixed in", the extra (never-released) dev release will be left in the
set of potential "Perl Version" values -- as despite never having a
release, it may accumulate more bug reports from folks who built from
blead before that version got mutated into the rc0.

I've verified that that ticket is the only 5.25.3 ticket that lost its
version, and fixed it.

I believe that should cover the bases; let me know if you'd like any
alterations to the above behavior.

 - Alex