develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from June 2016

Re: Change sort order of MANIFEST file

From:
demerphq
Date:
June 22, 2016 12:49
Re: Change sort order of MANIFEST file
Message ID:
CANgJU+VZNLWGxfcd1W6CidwejR3g4wNDuNE4sthDtVx=z5h7nw@mail.gmail.com
On 22 June 2016 at 14:38, Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker <ilmari@ilmari.org> wrote:
> demerphq <demerphq@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> The logic is to sort on the filepath with slashes replaced with nulls,
>> and dots replaced with null dot. This means that cpan/CPAN/ goes
>> before cpan/CPAN-META/ but that lib/Foo/Bar.pm goes before everything
>> (sane) in lib/Foo/Bar/.
>
> I like this change, but looking at the updated manifest, lib/Foo/Bar.pm
> goes _after_ lib/Foo/Bar/*, not before.  I don't have a strong opinion,
> but I think I'd prefer it to go before, like you intended.
>
> cpan/Archive-Tar/lib/Archive/Tar/File.pm                Archive::Tar
> cpan/Archive-Tar/lib/Archive/Tar.pm                     Archive::Tar

Huh? Mumble, mumble, wtf. Poking. :-)

Thanks for responding, very embarrassing oversight. :-(

Yves