develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from June 2016

Re: Change sort order of MANIFEST file

From:
ilmari
Date:
June 22, 2016 12:38
Re: Change sort order of MANIFEST file
Message ID:
d8jmvmdiekn.fsf@dalvik.ping.uio.no
demerphq <demerphq@gmail.com> writes:

> The logic is to sort on the filepath with slashes replaced with nulls,
> and dots replaced with null dot. This means that cpan/CPAN/ goes
> before cpan/CPAN-META/ but that lib/Foo/Bar.pm goes before everything
> (sane) in lib/Foo/Bar/.

I like this change, but looking at the updated manifest, lib/Foo/Bar.pm
goes _after_ lib/Foo/Bar/*, not before.  I don't have a strong opinion,
but I think I'd prefer it to go before, like you intended.

cpan/Archive-Tar/lib/Archive/Tar/File.pm                Archive::Tar
cpan/Archive-Tar/lib/Archive/Tar.pm                     Archive::Tar

--
"I use RMS as a guide in the same way that a boat captain would use
 a lighthouse.  It's good to know where it is, but you generally