develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from June 2016

Re: [perl #128313] Memory leak in perl 5.24.0 when use re qw[strict]is used

From:
demerphq
Date:
June 9, 2016 08:21
Re: [perl #128313] Memory leak in perl 5.24.0 when use re qw[strict]is used
Message ID:
CANgJU+WXObgPFzXAD+zh6DBSY_NTHwG8fXtaHAcvQAVJ=GBjGw@mail.gmail.com
On 9 Jun 2016 00:06, "Karl Williamson" <public@khwilliamson.com> wrote:

> On 06/08/2016 02:38 PM, Dan Collins via RT wrote:
>>
>> Indeed. This test will work with any proposed fix for this patch, and is
confirmed failing on blead before Yves' commit, confirmed passing on blead
after Yves' commit, and confirmed passing with my patch 0002.

>> So I believe that the best course of action, unless khw believes that
this is still likely to increase memory usage significantly in some cases,
is to revert ee072c898947f5fee316f1381b29ad692addcf05 and apply 0002 and
0003 - unless there's an argument that ee072c898 is better than 0002.patch.

> Notice that my email just said 'concerned'.  I'm not sure the memory
issue is a real problem.  But, since the patch is already written, and
solves the problem once and for all, I think your action proposal is
correct, but lets wait to hear from Yves.

I think a better solution is to put warn_text in RExC struct and reuse the
same av over and over. I will put togethdr a patch for review.

Yves