develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from June 2016

[perl #128349] Benchmark module doesn't use documented format fortimes

From:
Linda Walsh via RT
Date:
June 9, 2016 06:00
Subject:
[perl #128349] Benchmark module doesn't use documented format fortimes
Message ID:
rt-4.0.18-16555-1465452042-1227.128349-15-0@perl.org
On Wed Jun 08 16:16:16 2016, zefram@fysh.org wrote:
> :hireswallclock enables high-resolution timing *of the wallclock
> time*.
> That's how you got a fractional "4.36661 wallclock secs".
---
It's doubly unclear that the "FORMAT" only applies to the cpu times -- for which anything greater than 5.2f appears useless.  I.e. the 1 place where > %5.2f could be seen, (wall clock) is is apparent that the FORMAT is ignored, vs. being used on the cpu-times where the :hireswallclock makes no difference.  (i.e. - Irony?).
-l

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open