develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from June 2016

Re: [perl #128313] Memory leak in perl 5.24.0 when use re qw[strict]is used

From:
Karl Williamson
Date:
June 8, 2016 22:06
Re: [perl #128313] Memory leak in perl 5.24.0 when use re qw[strict]is used
Message ID:
57588AC2.7030802@khwilliamson.com
On 06/08/2016 02:38 PM, Dan Collins via RT wrote:
> Indeed. This test will work with any proposed fix for this patch, and is confirmed failing on blead before Yves' commit, confirmed passing on blead after Yves' commit, and confirmed passing with my patch 0002.
>
> So I believe that the best course of action, unless khw believes that this is still likely to increase memory usage significantly in some cases, is to revert ee072c898947f5fee316f1381b29ad692addcf05 and apply 0002 and 0003 - unless there's an argument that ee072c898 is better than 0002.patch.

Notice that my email just said 'concerned'.  I'm not sure the memory
issue is a real problem.  But, since the patch is already written, and
solves the problem once and for all, I think your action proposal is
correct, but lets wait to hear from Yves.