develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from June 2016

A warm thank you to the Perl community

From:
=?UTF-8?Q?Cl=c3=a9ment_BERTIER?=
Date:
June 6, 2016 12:54
Subject:
A warm thank you to the Perl community
Message ID:
575206DA.2070705@kth.se
This is a thank-you report for perl from bertier@kth.se,
generated with the help of perlbug 1.39 running under perl 5.18.2.

[Please enter your thank-you message here]
Dear Perl maintainers and contributors, I would like to thank you all
for keeping this truly amazing language that is Perl running.
I came across it during my bachelor studies and haven't been able to
find an interpreted language with as much elegance, malleability, power
parsing capabilities ever since.
I also believe the TIMTOWTDI motto probably biased my coding
capabilities as I now constantly aim towards an elegant and powerful
code, whatever language I use. Problem is, I now believe there's always
a better way to do something which is already done. Probably a side
effect of using Perl!

Thank you all.
Best regards,

Clément Bertier

PS: I'd like to get somewhat involved in the development or contribution
around Perl, is it something realistic or do you have to be a Perl/Linux
guru? Not sure where to start.

[You're welcome to delete anything below this line]
Flags:
    category=thanks
    severity=none
---
Site configuration information for perl 5.18.2:

Configured by Debian Project at Tue Mar  1 17:12:59 UTC 2016.