develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from June 2016

[perl #128001] Quadmath builds segfault on repeat with a very largecount

From:
Tony Cook via RT
Date:
June 6, 2016 04:26
Subject:
[perl #128001] Quadmath builds segfault on repeat with a very largecount
Message ID:
rt-4.0.18-11426-1465187184-1873.128001-15-0@perl.org
On Tue Apr 26 17:02:59 2016, dcollinsn@gmail.com wrote:
> Greetings Porters,
>
> I have compiled bleadperl with the afl-gcc compiler using:
>
> ./Configure -Dusedevel -Dprefix='/usr/local/perl-afl' -Dcc='ccache
> afl-gcc' -Uuselongdouble -Duse64bitall -Doptimize=-g -Uversiononly
> -Uman1dir -Uman3dir -Dusequadmath -des
> AFL_HARDEN=1 make && make test
>
> And then fuzzed the resulting binary using:
>
> AFL_NO_VAR_CHECK=1 afl-fuzz -i in -o out bin/perl @@
>
> After reducing testcases using `afl-tmin` and performing additional
> minimization by hand, I have located the following testcase that
> triggers a segmentation fault in the perl interpreter. The testcase is
> the 23-character file:
>
> dcollins@nightshade64:/usr/local/perl-afl/out$ cat allcrash/f4i000000
> 20x20000000000000000000

This appears to have been fixed by 6bbd724fb7623fb05df66ca5ed83a09511903521.

I can't reproduce it in blead.

Tony

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: new