develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from June 2016

[perl #128199] Clarification of File::Copy documentation

From:
Tony Cook via RT
Date:
June 2, 2016 04:14
Subject:
[perl #128199] Clarification of File::Copy documentation
Message ID:
rt-4.0.18-1592-1464840839-1519.128199-15-0@perl.org
On Fri May 20 14:28:19 2016, rrt wrote:
> It could be made clearer that the rmscopy function is VMS-specific.
> This is
> implied by the mention of the function in the documentaion for
> syscopy, but
> never explicitly stated.
>
> If I try to import rmscopy on my GNU/Linux system, I get the error
> that it
> is not exported; having looked up RMS and found that it’s a VMS thing,
> it
> seems that indeed the function will only be available on VMS.

How about the attached?

Tony

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open