develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from June 2016

Re: [perl #128269] Files in git repository that are in DOS format

From:
Karl Williamson
Date:
June 1, 2016 03:33
Re: [perl #128269] Files in git repository that are in DOS format
Message ID:
574E5795.2040809@cpan.org
On 05/29/2016 07:07 PM, James E Keenan via RT wrote:
> On Fri May 27 09:57:30 2016, khw wrote:
>> Files in git repository that are in DOS format
>>
>> The following files should be converted to unix, unless there is a
>> good reason for them being in DOS.  (Also all of Pod::Parser is in
>> DOS, but it is hopefully soon going to be removed from core blead, so
>> there's no real reason to expend effort on it.)  I omitted one file
>> whose name ends in .bat, and some in a Win32 directory, as those
>> appear to me to likely to want to be in DOS.
>>
>> ./cpan/Text-ParseWords/t/ParseWords.t
>> ./cpan/JSON-PP/t/107_allow_singlequote.t
>> ./cpan/JSON-PP/t/106_allow_barekey.t
>> ./cpan/JSON-PP/t/105_esc_slash.t
>> ./cpan/CPAN-Meta/t/data-fixable/1927486199-META.yml
>> ./cpan/Parse-CPAN-Meta/corpus/BadMETA.yml
>> ./symbian/ext/Moped/Msg/Msg.pkg
>> ./symbian/ext/Moped/Msg/bld.inf
>> ./symbian/ext/Moped/Msg/Msg.mmp
>
> The files under cpan/ are maintained upstream on CPAN, so a change ought to originate upstream.

It's not clear to me that this is actually something in the CPAN
versions.  I don't know enough about the "system".  What I do know is
that when I downloaded Pod::Checker 1.72 from a tarball on CPAN, that it
had unix line endings when I unpacked it, whereas the version in blead
had dos line endings.  I don't know if we can just change the blead line
endings without having to bump the version number and notify the
upstream maintainer.