develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2016

[perl #128225] substitution within (?{}) causes segmentation fault

From:
Father Chrysostomos via RT
Date:
May 30, 2016 21:13
Subject:
[perl #128225] substitution within (?{}) causes segmentation fault
Message ID:
rt-4.0.18-21491-1464642786-942.128225-15-0@perl.org
On Mon May 30 13:17:08 2016, davem wrote:
> The following seems to detect it for pp_match() while not failing anything
> in the test suite. If no-one objects, I can work it up into a proper fix
> that handles pp_subst() etc, and has tests.
>     $ perl5240 -e'"a" =~ /(?{ m{} })/'
>     Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>     panic: XXX curpm recursion
>     $

I think that’s a good idea, but that it should not be a panic message, since a panic suggests that perl is not functioning correctly.  Perhaps ‘Use of last successful match is not supported within regexp code blocks’.  But I see from perldiag that we call them ‘eval-groups’ in existing messages.

--

Father Chrysostomos

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open