develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2016

[perl #128269] Files in git repository that are in DOS format

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
May 30, 2016 01:08
Subject:
[perl #128269] Files in git repository that are in DOS format
Message ID:
rt-4.0.18-2296-1464570479-586.128269-15-0@perl.org
On Fri May 27 09:57:30 2016, khw wrote:
> Files in git repository that are in DOS format
>
> The following files should be converted to unix, unless there is a
> good reason for them being in DOS.  (Also all of Pod::Parser is in
> DOS, but it is hopefully soon going to be removed from core blead, so
> there's no real reason to expend effort on it.)  I omitted one file
> whose name ends in .bat, and some in a Win32 directory, as those
> appear to me to likely to want to be in DOS.
>
> ./cpan/Text-ParseWords/t/ParseWords.t
> ./cpan/JSON-PP/t/107_allow_singlequote.t
> ./cpan/JSON-PP/t/106_allow_barekey.t
> ./cpan/JSON-PP/t/105_esc_slash.t
> ./cpan/CPAN-Meta/t/data-fixable/1927486199-META.yml
> ./cpan/Parse-CPAN-Meta/corpus/BadMETA.yml
> ./symbian/ext/Moped/Msg/Msg.pkg
> ./symbian/ext/Moped/Msg/bld.inf
> ./symbian/ext/Moped/Msg/Msg.mmp

The files under cpan/ are maintained upstream on CPAN, so a change ought to originate upstream.

As for the files under symbian, they are maintained by (or, at least, last modified by) Jarkko, so I would recommend consulting with him first.

Thank you very much.

--
James E Keenan (jkeenan@cpan.org)

---