develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2016

Re: [perl #128245] 'perldoc -f open' :encoding clarification

From:
Karl Williamson
Date:
May 28, 2016 17:02
Re: [perl #128245] 'perldoc -f open' :encoding clarification
Message ID:
5749CF1A.9010909@khwilliamson.com
On 05/26/2016 03:05 AM, John Harig (via RT) wrote:
> # New Ticket Created by  John Harig
>

> This is a bug report for perl from john.harig@booking.com,
> generated with the help of perlbug 1.40 running under perl 5.25.2.

> [Please describe your issue here]
>
> An example contained in 'perldoc -f open' states to use :encoding.
> When running 'perldoc encoding', it goes to a page for the encoding
> pragma which is deprecated as of 5.18.	However, the 'open' reference
> is actually to PerlIO::encoding.  To avoid confusion, I have added a
> phrase to the 'open' section of perlfunc.pm to avoid confusion.

This patch should be instead against pod/perlfunc.pod.
pan/Pod-Perldoc/corpus/perlfunc.pod is listed as a test file for
Pod::Perldoc.

I'll apply your patch if you instead redo it against perlfunc.  And do
you want your email listed as user01@NYC-186.booking.pcln.com?