develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2016

Re: POSIX.pm L_tmpnam and L_tmpname

From:
Aristotle Pagaltzis
Date:
May 28, 2016 07:34
Re: POSIX.pm L_tmpnam and L_tmpname
Message ID:
20160528073341.GA45222@plasmasturm.org
* Aaron Crane <arc@cpan.org> [2016-05-13 16:23]:
> In particular, should we have a deprecation cycle before deleting it?

There isn’t a single use of the POSIX.pm symbol anywhere on CPAN. (The
identifier shows up a couple times, but only in C/XS code (and once,
oddly, in Javascript code)). Considering it has always been completely
useless and is only becoming more so now… I don’t see a good reason to
put this one through a deprecation cycle.

Regards,