develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2016

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
May 27, 2016 00:36

rt-4.0.18-20789-1464309392-1835.128250-15-0@perl.org
On Thu May 26 13:45:51 2016, sprout wrote:
> $ perl -ne 'print if s/^=head(.)/"  "x$1/e' pod/perlref.pod
>  NAME
>  NOTE
>  DESCRIPTION
>    Making References
>    Using References
>    Circular References
>    Symbolic references
>    Not-so-symbolic references
>    Pseudo-hashes: Using an array as a hash
>    Function Templates
>  WARNING
>  Postfix Dereference Syntax
>    Postfix Reference Slicing
>  Assigning to References
>  SEE ALSO
>
> Most of the documentation is under the DESCRIPTION section, which
> makes sense.  The postfix dereference syntax was added after the
> warning, as a top-level section, and then I blithely added the section
> on assigning to references after it.
>
> The WARNING is about using references as hash keys, which may not do
> what you want.
>
> Should that perhaps be made a subsection of DESCRIPTION, or should we
> move it to the end of the documentation, where it used to be?

I am attaching a patch which is a slightly more than bare-bones implementation of your suggestion.  Please review.

Thank you very much.

--
James E Keenan (jkeenan@cpan.org)

---