develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2016

From:
Father Chrysostomos
Date:
May 26, 2016 20:46

rt-4.0.18-18275-1464295551-1109.128250-75-0@perl.org
# New Ticket Created by  Father Chrysostomos
# Please include the string:  [perl #128250]

$ perl -ne 'print if s/^=head(.)/"  "x$1/e' pod/perlref.pod
   NAME
   NOTE
   DESCRIPTION
     Making References
     Using References
     Circular References
     Symbolic references
     Not-so-symbolic references
     Pseudo-hashes: Using an array as a hash
     Function Templates
   WARNING
   Postfix Dereference Syntax
     Postfix Reference Slicing
   Assigning to References
   SEE ALSO

Most of the documentation is under the DESCRIPTION section, which makes sense.  The postfix dereference syntax was added after the warning, as a top-level section, and then I blithely added the section on assigning to references after it.

The WARNING is about using references as hash keys, which may not do what you want.

Should that perhaps be made a subsection of DESCRIPTION, or should we move it to the end of the documentation, where it used to be?

--

Father Chrysostomos