develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2016

Re: perl v5.24.0 is now available!

From:
Steffen Mueller
Date:
May 10, 2016 11:44
Re: perl v5.24.0 is now available!
Message ID:
5731C98C.6020706@steffen-mueller.net
On 05/09/2016 01:39 PM, Ricardo Signes wrote:
>    As I sit here, and oftentimes, I wish
>    I could be monarch of a desert land
>    I could devote and dedicate forever
>    To the truths we keep coming back and back to.
>    So desert it would have to be, so walled
>    By mountain ranges half in summer snow,
>    No one would covet it or think it worth
>    The pains of conquering to force change on.
>    Scattered oases where men dwelt, but mostly
>    Sand dunes held loosely in tamarisk
>    Blown over and over themselves in idleness.
>    Sand grains should sugar in the natal dew
>    The babe born to the desert, the sand storm
>    Retard mid-waste my cowering caravans—
>
>    “There are bees in this wall.” He struck the clapboards,
>    Fierce heads looked out; small bodies pivoted.
>    We rose to go. Sunset blazed on the windows.
>
>    -- Robert Frost, the Black Cottage

Beautiful!

> We are pleased to announce perl v5.24.0, the first stable release of
> version 24 of Perl 5.

Thank you very much for your (and everyone else's) hard work!

Best regards,
Steffen