develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2016

Re: perl v5.24.0 is now available!

From:
Shlomi Fish
Date:
May 9, 2016 19:07
Re: perl v5.24.0 is now available!
Message ID:
20160509193740.7232e17e@telaviv1.shlomifish.org
On Mon, 9 May 2016 07:39:16 -0400
Ricardo Signes <perl.p5p@rjbs.manxome.org> wrote:

>   As I sit here, and oftentimes, I wish
>   I could be monarch of a desert land
>   I could devote and dedicate forever
>   To the truths we keep coming back and back to.
>   So desert it would have to be, so walled
>   By mountain ranges half in summer snow,
>   No one would covet it or think it worth
>   The pains of conquering to force change on.
>   Scattered oases where men dwelt, but mostly
>   Sand dunes held loosely in tamarisk
>   Blown over and over themselves in idleness.
>   Sand grains should sugar in the natal dew
>   The babe born to the desert, the sand storm
>   Retard mid-waste my cowering caravans—
>
>   “There are bees in this wall.” He struck the clapboards,
>   Fierce heads looked out; small bodies pivoted.
>   We rose to go. Sunset blazed on the windows.
>
>   -- Robert Frost, the Black Cottage
>
> We are pleased to announce perl v5.24.0, the first stable release of
> version 24 of Perl 5.
>
> You will soon be able to download Perl v5.24.0 from your favorite CPAN
> mirror or find it at:

Thanks a lot to Rik and all other Perl 5 contributors for this release! A
special thanks to Rik for being such a great Pumpking in the past.

This release of Perl 5 somewhat follows my birthday, which was on 5 May, and
24 happens to be my lucky number, so hopefully it will be a lucky release.
Unfortunately, it's too late to be included in the next version of Mageia Linux
- Mageia v6 - which will ship only with perl-5.22.x , but hopefully we can
upgrade the perl there to the latest version after the release.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish