develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2016

Re: perl v5.24.0 is now available!

From:
Abigail
Date:
May 9, 2016 11:54
Re: perl v5.24.0 is now available!
Message ID:
20160509115535.GA10427@almanda.fritz.box
On Mon, May 09, 2016 at 07:39:16AM -0400, Ricardo Signes wrote:
>   As I sit here, and oftentimes, I wish
>   I could be monarch of a desert land
>   I could devote and dedicate forever
>   To the truths we keep coming back and back to.
>   So desert it would have to be, so walled
>   By mountain ranges half in summer snow,
>   No one would covet it or think it worth
>   The pains of conquering to force change on.
>   Scattered oases where men dwelt, but mostly
>   Sand dunes held loosely in tamarisk
>   Blown over and over themselves in idleness.
>   Sand grains should sugar in the natal dew
>   The babe born to the desert, the sand storm
>   Retard mid-waste my cowering caravans—
>
>   “There are bees in this wall.” He struck the clapboards,
>   Fierce heads looked out; small bodies pivoted.
>   We rose to go. Sunset blazed on the windows.
>
>   -- Robert Frost, the Black Cottage
>
> We are pleased to announce perl v5.24.0, the first stable release of
> version 24 of Perl 5.

Wheeee!

Thanks for the release, and thanks for all the work you've done as pumpking.

Abigail