develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2016

Re: Perl 5 Porters Mailing List Summary: April 14th-27th

From:
Sawyer X
Date:
April 29, 2016 13:57
Re: Perl 5 Porters Mailing List Summary: April 14th-27th
Message ID:
5723682F.7050904@gmail.com

On 04/29/2016 03:47 AM, Aristotle Pagaltzis wrote:
> * Aristotle Pagaltzis <pagaltzis@gmx.de> [2016-04-29 03:41]:
>> * Sawyer X <xsawyerx@gmail.com> [2016-04-27 16:23]:
>>> Karl Williamson [58]suggests POSIX::set_locale refusing to switch to
>>> a locale we know will cause a libc crash.
>> This is exactly backwards. Karl said that some kinds of locale produce
>> wrong results ranging from bad data to segfaults today, so he proposed
>> that maybe POSIX::setlocale ought to refuse to switch to such locales.
> On re-read, it’s not backwards, just suboptimally phrased. My bad.

Guess what? You're now a collaborator on the repo! :)