develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2016

Re: Perl 5 Porters Mailing List Summary: April 14th-27th

From:
Aristotle Pagaltzis
Date:
April 29, 2016 01:47
Re: Perl 5 Porters Mailing List Summary: April 14th-27th
Message ID:
20160429014746.GA80381@plasmasturm.org
* Aristotle Pagaltzis <pagaltzis@gmx.de> [2016-04-29 03:41]:
> * Sawyer X <xsawyerx@gmail.com> [2016-04-27 16:23]:
> > Karl Williamson [58]suggests POSIX::set_locale refusing to switch to
> > a locale we know will cause a libc crash.
>
> This is exactly backwards. Karl said that some kinds of locale produce
> wrong results ranging from bad data to segfaults today, so he proposed
> that maybe POSIX::setlocale ought to refuse to switch to such locales.

On re-read, it’s not backwards, just suboptimally phrased. My bad.