develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2016

Re: Perl 5 Porters Mailing List Summary: April 14th-27th

From:
Aristotle Pagaltzis
Date:
April 29, 2016 01:40
Re: Perl 5 Porters Mailing List Summary: April 14th-27th
Message ID:
20160429013950.GA80220@plasmasturm.org
* Sawyer X <xsawyerx@gmail.com> [2016-04-27 16:23]:
> Karl Williamson [58]suggests POSIX::set_locale refusing to switch to
> a locale we know will cause a libc crash.

This is exactly backwards. Karl said that some kinds of locale produce
wrong results ranging from bad data to segfaults today, so he proposed
that maybe POSIX::setlocale ought to refuse to switch to such locales.