develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2016

Company Perl (cperl)

From:
Todd Rinaldo
Date:
April 27, 2016 22:17
Subject:
Company Perl (cperl)
Message ID:
80934FBC-C1E6-4829-A61B-E09E021AEDBF@cpanel.net
All,

There have been some recent rumors that cPanel has abandoned perl in favor of cperl. While cPanel is excited about some of the great improvements in cperl, we are not using cperl and currently do not have plans to do so.

As of cPanel version 56 which we recently released to public, cPanel now uses perl 5.22.1 with several patches. Many of these patches are specific to the cPanel environment. The ones that are not either came from blead or have been submitted to blead for merge already.

We are looking closely at some of the improvements in cperl with an eye to discussing them with the rest of perl 5 porters (just like any other patch that is submitted) in the coming year.

Sawyer: thanks for stepping up as Pumpking!

Todd Rinaldo
Sr. Perl Developer
cPanel, Inc.