develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2016

Re: Perl 5 Porters Mailing List Summary: April 14th-27th

From:
Sawyer X
Date:
April 27, 2016 14:23
Re: Perl 5 Porters Mailing List Summary: April 14th-27th
Message ID:
5720CB3F.2050808@gmail.com

On 04/27/2016 03:52 PM, Vincent Pit (VPIT) wrote:

>>     Dave Mitchell [52]discussed his work on [53]Scope::Upper. It
>> seems Dave
>>     was able to get most of it working, but due to how the module
>> works, Dave
>>     does not believe any sensible API can be shield the module from
>> breakage.
>>     The discussion continued on extracting the most useful bits into a
>>     different module.
>>

> I'd like to make a correction : there was no discussion about
> extracting parts of Scope::Upper, or at least none I was involved
> with. Likewise, "most useful" is really "most useful to a subset of
> its users", which doesn't say much.

You're right, Vincent.

I'll make the correction in the blog, in the summary repo, and in the
next summary email/blog.