develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2016

Re: Perl 5 Porters Mailing List Summary: April 14th-27th

From:
perl
Date:
April 27, 2016 13:52
Re: Perl 5 Porters Mailing List Summary: April 14th-27th
Message ID:
5720C42A.7090205@profvince.com

>     Dave Mitchell [52]discussed his work on [53]Scope::Upper. It seems Dave
>     was able to get most of it working, but due to how the module works, Dave
>     does not believe any sensible API can be shield the module from breakage.
>     The discussion continued on extracting the most useful bits into a
>     different module.

I'd like to make a correction : there was no discussion about extracting
parts of Scope::Upper, or at least none I was involved with. Likewise,
"most useful" is really "most useful to a subset of its users", which
doesn't say much.

Vincent