develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2016

Re: [perl #127953] stat.t build tests failing on some Cygwin

From:
Achim Gratz
Date:
April 26, 2016 17:54
Re: [perl #127953] stat.t build tests failing on some Cygwin
Message ID:
87potcp87l.fsf@Rainer.invalid
Joel Maslak writes:
> It looks like the issue was that Cygwin was using a fake "jmasl" group for
> the cloud auth account's primary POSIX group, but was using the "None"
> group for the local user's primary group.  I added an /etc/passwd entry for
> jmasl and set jmasl's primary group to the user's group (which I populated
> /etc/group with).

No, that's what you get from Windows when you use one of their
"Microsoft Accounts".  They actually use the same SID for both the
account and the primary group in your security token (something that's
not possible to do for any other account).

> So I have a workaround for this now that works for me.  I'll put in a bug
> report with Cygwin when I have a bit of time to document this issue.  It
> might not be a bad idea to document this in README.cygwin - I'll probably
> try to submit a patch to the docs in the next few weeks.

Perhaps you try the latest Cygwin version first.

Regards,
Achim.