develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2016

Re: [perl #127953] stat.t build tests failing on some Cygwin

From:
Joel Maslak
Date:
April 26, 2016 14:56
Re: [perl #127953] stat.t build tests failing on some Cygwin
Message ID:
CADb+6TAnabL51_AfeMqoOHtsr=jEqyB1TR2Y12psTFpXMMqtqQ@mail.gmail.com
Sure enough, I created a local user ("testuser") without admin rights and
was able to compile 5.24.0-RC2 just fine on Cygwin.  I also validated that
chmod 077 did what was expected.  Your observation was awesome and let me
find the issue - thanks for the help!

It looks like the issue was that Cygwin was using a fake "jmasl" group for
the cloud auth account's primary POSIX group, but was using the "None"
group for the local user's primary group.  I added an /etc/passwd entry for
jmasl and set jmasl's primary group to the user's group (which I populated
/etc/group with).

So I have a workaround for this now that works for me.  I'll put in a bug
report with Cygwin when I have a bit of time to document this issue.  It
might not be a bad idea to document this in README.cygwin - I'll probably
try to submit a patch to the docs in the next few weeks.