develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2016

Re: The Great Pumpkin

From:
Jim Cromie
Date:
April 25, 2016 22:36
Re: The Great Pumpkin
Message ID:
CAJfuBxxurMDsCZX7pJ9D-JH5pzW29cBQ7QNx2j4vvbst-7NsRw@mail.gmail.com
hmm. are we focused on the right thing here?

"*Moore's law*" is the observation that, over the history of computing
hardware, the number of transistors in a dense integrated circuit has
doubled approximately every two years.

what we want is not years of servitude, heroic efforts,
or preternatural stamina, but regular releases and a smooth process.

From the record, it seems that has been largely achieved,
through the aforementioned virtues of the former pumpkings and committers.

Kudos from the cheap seats.
(Im looking for an un-committer pun here...
Oh well, laziness is a virtue too ;)

pumpking will never be easy,
but judging from the past 6 years,
its no longer the deep voodoo magic it once was.

What process refinements will bring the next
productivity improvements ?
(besides cutting wages and layoffs)