develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2016

Re: [perl #122551] Term::ReadLine should work with utf-8 characters

From:
Andreas Koenig
Date:
April 25, 2016 04:23
Re: [perl #122551] Term::ReadLine should work with utf-8 characters
Message ID:
87lh428gh1.fsf@k85.linux.bogus

  > Term::ReadLine (which is upstream blead) currently looks for back ends
  > in this order, using the first it finds: Gnu, EditLine, Perl, Stub.

  > If ::Perl were removed from that list, what would break? Whom would it
  > make things worse for?

::Perl adds at least cursor movement. In the example you posted I can
type in a letter and move the cursor to the left and right. With
PERL_RL=::Stub I add something like ^[[D when trying to go left.

--
andreas