develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2016

Re: What's happening with EU::MM ?

From:
sisyphus1
Date:
April 22, 2016 00:39
Re: What's happening with EU::MM ?
Message ID:
2CBE0FA898D94110BC3FA461E10BAD4B@OwnerPC311012
-----Original Message-----
From: Kent Fredric
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2016 12:50 PM
To: Craig A. Berry
Cc: Sisyphus ; Perl5 Porters (E-mail)
Subject: Re: What's happening with EU::MM ?

> Its also somewhat preferable that where-ever possible, the version that
> ships with Perl is installable from CPAN, because that helps debug "I have
> problem X with MakeMaker version Y" due to being able to replicate the
> problem with an identical EUMM version on a non-target Perl.

Yes, I just installed EU-MM-1.12 to verify that it breaks it a couple of
tests for Inline::C (https://github.com/ingydotnet/inline-c-pm/issues/51),
which it does.
Then I decided that, for the moment, I wanted to revert to EU-MM-7.10_01 but
the absence of a standalone EU-MM-7.10_01 source distro made that less
trivial than I would like. That is, it made me think and was a bit fiddly !!
(Heaven forbid :-)

The above Inline::C issue made me wonder whether there were some things in
7.10_01 that hadn't made it into 7.12. (Thanks for confirming that the fixes
are in there, Chris.)
When I looked at the EU::MM Changes file I couldn't really work out where
7.10_01 fitted into the chain of changes.

Note: I'm not saying that EU-MM-7.12 is at fault in breaking Inline::C -
that's for another forum and I haven't investigated.

Thanks, guys.

Cheers,
Rob