develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2016

Re: What's happening with EU::MM ?

From:
Kent Fredric
Date:
April 21, 2016 02:50
Re: What's happening with EU::MM ?
Message ID:
CAATnKFAC+5mYNRBKpn_g8VBNuY76jj78HLV+zgBT1d9MMJH=Rw@mail.gmail.com
On 21 April 2016 at 07:55, Craig A. Berry <craig.a.berry@gmail.com> wrote:
> but I'm not sure it does any harm as long as there is a higher
> full-release version on CPAN.

It can make things slightly more complicated for vendors to manage.
Its not a problem we don't know how to solve, but its generally nicer
not to have to solve it.

Its also somewhat preferable that where-ever possible, the version
that ships with Perl is installable from CPAN, because that helps
debug "I have problem X with MakeMaker version Y" due to being able to
replicate the problem with an identical EUMM version on a non-target
Perl.

--
Kent