develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2016

[perl #127709] Documentation problem with links and perlpod,podchecker

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
April 21, 2016 01:45
Subject:
[perl #127709] Documentation problem with links and perlpod,podchecker
Message ID:
rt-4.0.18-11378-1461203123-1679.127709-15-0@perl.org
On Tue Mar 15 05:50:12 2016, Ulrich.Windl@rz.uni-regensburg.de wrote:
> Hi!
>
> An update:
>
> I changed the problematic L<>s into C<>s as suggested by some Google
> and cpan wisdom. However, I would prefer a link to be a link, even if
> the POD processor does not know what to do. This is, because I want to
> semantically mark the text, not to create a specific look (a L<> is
> another (part of a) document, while C<> is some literal thing).
>
> I also changed the items to something like "=item 10. C<S<# Errors>>"
> which results in the desired output, but still triggers a "***
> WARNING: multiple occurrence of link target '#' at line - in file
> ...".  This looks like the result of some bad design in anchor
> creation.
>
> Regards,
> Ulrich

As noted previously, any change would have to be made upstream in the Pod-Checker distribution:  https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Dist/Display.html?Name=Pod-Checker