develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2016

[perl #127712] defined on HashofHash defines an element in the hash

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
April 21, 2016 01:38
Subject:
[perl #127712] defined on HashofHash defines an element in the hash
Message ID:
rt-4.0.18-4430-1461202719-480.127712-15-0@perl.org
On Tue Mar 15 12:31:27 2016, zefram@fysh.org wrote:
> Paul Johnson wrote:
> >                                   are we seriously saying that we
> >cannot fix this now because, we assume, too much code would change
> >behaviour?
> >
> >If that is the case, then the documentation should be updated to reflect
> >this policy.
>
> Yes, we should document that the (default) autovivification behaviour
> won't change.
>
> -zefram

Paul, zefram, et. al.:

Could someone propose some wording for this documentation clarification?  That would help move this ticket toward closing.

Thank you very much.

--
James E Keenan (jkeenan@cpan.org)

---