develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2016

Re: ...and slide on the ice

From:
Ricardo Signes
Date:
April 15, 2016 00:04
Re: ...and slide on the ice
Message ID:
20160415000411.GA17603@debian
* "Craig A. Berry" <craig.a.berry@gmail.com> [2016-04-14T18:47:57]
> On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 8:24 AM, Ricardo Signes
> <perl.p5p@rjbs.manxome.org> wrote:
>
> > My first major release of perl was v5.16.0,
>
> 16, 18, 20, 22, (almost) 24.  I'm out of fingers on one hand.  I think
> five major releases must be a record.  Congratulations.

Jesse Vincent was delighted, with v5.14.0, to be the first pumpking to oversee
two major stable releases in a row.  I was determined to make it to three.
Then, I knew, I could quit any time I wanted...

> BTW, I hope someone told Aaron that as first respondent to your
> resignation letter, he's automatically elected as the next pumpking
> :-).

Brilliant!

--
rjbs