develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2016

Re: ...and slide on the ice

Craig A. Berry
April 14, 2016 22:48
Re: ...and slide on the ice
Message ID:
On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 8:24 AM, Ricardo Signes
<> wrote:
> Yesterday I released perl v5.24.0-RC1.  In around a month, we'll have v5.24.0
> released.  More or less immediately after that, I will release v5.25.0, kicking
> off the development branch for the 2017 release of Perl 5.
> That will be my last release in my four and a half year tenure as pumpking.

Thanks for wearing that tattered old hat for so long, and for your
persistent but courteous chasing of a thousand details that has made
the Perl core a great place to work during your tenure.

> My first major release of perl was v5.16.0,

16, 18, 20, 22, (almost) 24.  I'm out of fingers on one hand.  I think
five major releases must be a record.  Congratulations.

BTW, I hope someone told Aaron that as first respondent to your
resignation letter, he's automatically elected as the next pumpking