develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2016

Re: With custom prefix, CPAN.pm still uses global metadata stash

From:
Andreas Koenig
Date:
April 12, 2016 01:59
Re: With custom prefix, CPAN.pm still uses global metadata stash
Message ID:
87h9f7k2p5.fsf@k85.linux.bogus

  > First notice (very likely a "horrible bug where people have hardcoded
  > version checks"):

  > I've installed the release with a custom prefix. However,
  > CPAN.pm tries to use the global metadata directory at ~/.cpan .
  > As a consequence, it mistakes about what modules are installed.
  > This didn't happen with 5.23.* releases.

I think to understand what the bug is I need a better description of (1)
what you do, exactly, (2) what you expect, and (3) what you get.
Together, the three descriptions should put me in a position to
reproduce the behaviour you encounter. As it stands, I fear I cannot
help, so please, more context.

Thanks,
--
andreas