develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from March 2016

Re: [perl #114576] check if %hash 500x times slower than if keys%hash

From:
Dave Mitchell
Date:
March 25, 2016 13:16
Re: [perl #114576] check if %hash 500x times slower than if keys%hash
Message ID:
20160325131536.GG29332@iabyn.com
On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 02:13:50PM -0800, l.mai@web.de via RT wrote:
> On Fri Jun 14 02:42:11 2013, nicholas wrote:

> > > Nicholas, Yves:  Can you take a look at the patches you referred to
> > > above?
> >
> > I've merged mine to blead, but after the previous monthly release.
> > Before
> > thinking further I'd like to see what happens once it's in a monthly
> > release
> > available to the CPANTesters.
> >
> > I believe that Yves was waiting for a CPAN smoke run before proceeding
> > further.
> > This hasn't happened yet. I thought that it's waiting on hardware
> > replacement,
> > for the machine it's due to run on, but I might be wrong.
>
> What's the status of this ticket? It's listed in perl5200delta.

Nicholas's work, which caches the value of hv_fill, is merged.
Yves refers to:

> And I have a patch somewhere (i forget the branch name right now) which
> rips out hv-fill entirely.

I'm not sure what this refers to, but I suspect it hasn't been merged.

--
A power surge on the Bridge is rapidly and correctly diagnosed as a faulty
capacitor by the highly-trained and competent engineering staff.