develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from March 2016

Term::ANSIColor 4.05 released

From:
Russ Allbery
Date:
March 21, 2016 03:51
Term::ANSIColor 4.05 released
Message ID:
87twk0jxsh.fsf@hope.eyrie.org
I'm pleased to announce release 4.05 of Term::ANSIColor.

Term::ANSIColor provides constants and simple functions for setting ANSI
text attributes, most notably colors.  It can be used to set the current
text attributes or to apply a set of attributes to a string and reset the
current text attributes at the end of that string.  Eight-color,
sixteen-color, and 256-color escape sequences are all supported.

Changes from previous release:

    Color aliases are now restricted to ASCII alphanumerics, due to the
    below change.

    Delay loading of the Carp module and avoid using [:upper:], \w, and \d
    in regular expressions to reduce the amount of memory this module
    consumes.  (Normally, I wouldn't worry about this, but this module is
    very light-weight and can be useful even in highly space-constrained
    environments, and the impact is slight.)  Thanks, Nicolas R.
    (#111552)

    Provide a mailto address in bug tracking metadata, use the shorter
    form of the RT bug tracker URL, and fix the license value to match the
    new metadata specification.  Rework Makefile.PL so that the munging
    for older versions of ExtUtils::MakeMaker is less intrusive.

You can download it from:

    <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/ansicolor/>

This package is maintained using Git; see the instructions on the above
page to access the Git repository.

Please let me know of any problems or feature requests not already listed
in the TODO file.

--
#!/usr/bin/perl -- Russ Allbery, Just Another Perl Hacker
$^=q;@!>~|{>krw>yn{u<$$<[~||<Juukn{=,<S~|}<Jwx}qn{<Yn{u<Qjltn{ > 0gFzD gD,