develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from March 2016

[perl #5907] inconsistencies in locale support

From:
Karl Williamson via RT
Date:
March 8, 2016 18:47
Subject:
[perl #5907] inconsistencies in locale support
Message ID:
rt-4.0.18-15603-1457462838-592.5907-15-0@perl.org
I'm not sure what to do with this ticket now  The POSIX::isfoo() functions are gone in blead now.  But the original ticket referred to tolower and toupper.  Both were never deprecated, and now the documentation accurately describes their behavior: that the current locale does not affect the results.

I'm inclined to close this ticket, and leave things as they are.  I suppose we could deprecate these two functions, but it is kind of a pain to do that, and I suspect that is why it didn't happen earlier, when the other functions got deprecated.  (Also they behaved better than those functions that are now gone.)

So unless I hear otherwise in, say a month, I'll close this ticket.

.--
Karl Williamson

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open