develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from February 2016

Re: Putting Winsock errors into $^E

From:
Sawyer X
Date:
February 23, 2016 23:10
Re: Putting Winsock errors into $^E
Message ID:
56CCE6E0.5030404@gmail.com
On 02/17/2016 09:59 AM, Steve Hay via perl5-porters wrote:
> [...]
>
> I would like to commit this before the "user-visible changes freeze"
> on 20th, and will do so if no objections are raised. I will, of
> course, add some appropriate documentation (in perldelta and
> elsewhere) too.

As far as I can tell (since I went over all the commits and perldelta),
this wasn't introduced before the release on the 20th.

If I wasn't pressed for time for $personal_reasons and kept a better eye
on it, I would have asked about this before the release. At least I
should have. Sorry about that.

I assume that now, because of the user-visible changes freeze, it is not
possible to make this change before 5.24, but I know there are
exceptions. Should this be one of them?

S.